2017 Blessing Walk & Carnival
In April 2011, Markham Free Methodist Chruch purchased 5.8 acres of land, with an existing 34,000 sq. ft building. The church then developed plan to establish the Markham Wesley Centre (MWC)
to fulfill God’s greater vision to serve the needs of the greater multicultural community while MFMC can also meet the continued growth of the church community. MWC officially opened for community use in 2014.
Mission Statement of MWC
MWC’s mission is to build a harmonious community by creating hope, opportunity and action. Therefore MWC will focus on providing essential social and cultural services, empower people to enhance their lives, promote overall community well-being, advocate for justice, and inspire volunteers to love, serve, and share. MWC’s mission statement describes who we are, our fundamental purpose and our role in the community to pursue the truth that: “LIVING FOR THE BETTER IS A BETTER WAY TO LIVE.”
The Objective of MWC
- To work with other agencies, groups and individuals in the community to overcome barriers and to develop resilience and enhance the relationships amongst groups and individuals.
- To dynamically respond to the changing needs of the community.
- To provide information, support and encouragement in a way that will enable people who access the services whilst achieving the maximum possible degree of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage and support the maintenance of family ties and, where appropriate, the reuniting of the family unit.
- To work in partnership with other social service agencies, or institutions in the community to encourage support and raise awareness of continual needs and other issues faced.
- To work in a manner that upholds the dignity and worth of all people, enhances their self-esteem, is sensitive to their social and economic circumstance and respects their cultural backgrounds and beliefs.